Full Time, 1st Shift, Clarence, NY
Job Description for Shipping/Receiving Driver:
The Shipping/Receiving Driver transports and delivers finished products to customers by applying knowledge of driving regulations and roads in the area driving to and from designated locations; performs daily inspection of truck.
Duties and Responsibilities for Shipping/Receiving Driver:
- Operate company-owned trucks for the delivery, pickup and relocation of products and materials.
- Perform required before-, during- and after-operation “user maintenance” and provide required reports.
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
- Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition.
- Follows all safety procedures
- Loads product into truck
- Unloads truck at customer site if required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Shipping/Receiving Driver:
- Reads and writes English
- Possesses mental ability to read maps, road signs
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of safe vehicle operation
- Exhibits sound judgment in determining safest route for delivery
- Able to follow directions precisely
Experience and Education for Shipping/Receiving Driver:
- Must possess clean, valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 – 2 years delivery driving experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.