Quality Assurance Technician
1st Shift, Multiple Locations, Full-Time, $19-30/hour (DOE)
The Quality Assurance Technician level 1A performs dimensional and/or functional inspection on purchased materials and manufactured parts; uses technical expertise and inspection instrumentation to verify conformance of material/parts to prints, process sheets and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs first piece, in process and final inspections on vendor supplied or Dimar manufactured parts.
- Provides inspection support in the form of liaison working with production and engineering to facilitate solutions to questions or problems that may arise.
- Works with the QA Manager to develop, implement and maintain quality systems, and documentation to ensure compliance with Dimar’s quality management system.
- Documents NCR’s periodically updates the NCR database and interacts with customers via email to secure the return of nonconforming product.
- Participates in special projects, problem investigations and assignments.
- Helps to track calibration requirements for all testing and measurement equipment, collaborates with Dimar’s lead for calibration records and ensures calibrations are completed on time.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation by completing all necessary paperwork (i.e., in process inspection records, signing off on job travelers, 1st piece inspection tags, CoC’s, MTR’s, etc.).
- Performs training as required for team members to include but not limited to inspection methods, work instructions, procedures, or production processes.
- Provides continuous feedback to Quality Manager regarding quality, engineering and manufacturing related issues.
- Suggest/works on quality system or process improvements.
- Performs part and process related internal audits.
- Processes customer returns and ensures timely disposition of parts as well as customer feedback.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong ability in reading and interpreting drawings/blueprints to understand parameters of parts. Familiarity with basic geometric tolerance helpful.
- Knowledgeable in the use of all inspection equipment including, but not limited to micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, height gages, gage pins and gage blocks.
- Knowledge of machining and welding practices
- Knowledgeable about current quality system standards such as ISO 9001.
- Maintains composure under pressure. Ability to multi-task in response to numerous demands.
- Strong time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Computer proficiency in Excel and Word required.
- Familiarity with ERP systems helpful
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma required
- Associates Degree preferred
- 1-3 years experience required