Powder Coat Painter
12Hr Shifts, Clarence, NY, Full-Time, $17-22/hour (DOE)
Set up, operate, and maintain powder coat equipment.
Responsibilities are powder coating metal components at a high-level quality to meet customer requirements. Maintains even thickness and finish parts. Assists in loading and unloading of parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines proper powder to be applied based on job requirements and sets up powder coat equipment.
- Apply powder finish to the parts using proper powder coating techniques and patterns.
- Clean machines, related equipment, and work areas in between jobs.
- Assist with any part masking, internal or external threads or finish free areas according to customer specifications.
- Follows all area safety procedures including wearing essential PPE.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
- Properly maintains powder storage area.
- Transfer newly received powder into the powder storage area.
- Empty waste powder hoppers as needed.
- Dispose of old powder properly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Powder coating theory: Knowledge and understanding of the powder coating process including electrostatics and related application equipment. Must also display knowledge of proper equipment settings and be able to troubleshoot basic equipment and quality issues.
- Powder application: Ability to operate powder application equipment including electrostatic guns, feed hoppers and powder reclaim systems. Must have a willingness to instruct others on proper coating techniques
- Initial parts preparation: Ensure parts are properly prepared for powder coating. oil removal, and overall cleanliness
- Parts hanging strategies: Knowledge of proper hanging techniques. This includes hanging angle for pretreatment chemical drainage, application ergonomics, individual hanging rack density, and proper conveyor line loading.
- Chemical preparation: Qualify properly processed parts using a basic understanding of chemical pretreatment.
- Equipment management: Ability to operate, monitor, and set up all application and support equipment to yield consistent quality and meet efficiency goals. Ensure preventative maintenance/housekeeping schedules are completed on time using proper shop practices and procedures
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 – 2 years manufacturing experience; powder coating experience desirable
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.