Clarence NY, Full time
Dimar is growing and we are creating a (3) day /12hour a day shift to run Thursday – Saturday 5:00am – 5:00pm. The first month will be training on 1st shift which runs Mon-Fri 5:30am – 2:00pm.
Dimar is looking for a Material handler to load, unload and move materials/products within the facility for prompt and accurate access to shipping and/or production based upon the needs of the company and the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, cranes, hoists, and pallet jack to load, unload, transport, or stack material.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Reads work orders or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved
- (May) Act as back-up driver for company truck
- Follows all safety procedures
- Maintain vehicles in good working condition.
- Communicate with others to coordinate material handling or movement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to follow directions precisely
- Must be certified to operate forklift and drive in a safe manner.
- Must possess valid unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be able to work 2nd shift (2:00pm -10:30pm)
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 – 2 years manufacturing experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.