2nd Shift, Clarence NY Full Time
Job Summary for Grinding Operator
Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish metal pieces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Grinding Operator:
- Operate all tools for grinding, deburring, sanding and polishing while being proficient in grinding sheet metal.
- Examines and feels surface of work piece for defects.
- Moves grinder over surface of work piece to remove scratches and imperfections
- Polishes ground areas with finer abrasive to produce smooth, unmarred surface
Non-essential Duties for Grinding Operator:
- Replaces worn abrasive disks, wheels, and belts
- Selects grade of abrasive belt, wheel, or disk according to specifications
- Assists in other production areas as needed
- Follows all safety procedures
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Grinding Operator:
- Possesses basic technical knowledge of grinding tools and their safe operation
- Able to follow directions precisely and perform repetitive tasks
Education and Experience for Grinding Operator:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 – 2 years manufacturing experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.