1st Shift, Clarence, NY, Full-Time
Job Summary for General Laborer:
Assists in all areas of the shop to include cleaning and organizing parts and materials; performs physical operations to remove parts from main sheet of metal on a repetitive basis; performs a variety of tasks to assist in machine shop activities such as operating metal fabricating/finishing equipment to cut, bend, form and/or finish metal parts as specified by customer requirements; fits and/or assembles, adjusts and repairs subassemblies and major assemblies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for General Laborer:
- Records job activities, including counts, utilizing labor reporting system.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
- Performs all job functions to meet acceptable quality and performance standards.
- Maintains accurate count of parts; attaches labels or tags to processed material identifying customer, part number, quantity and shop order information.
Non-essential Duties for General Laborer:
- Identifies material to be processed based on laser outputs.
- Inspects parts to maintain quality requirements.
- Follows all safety procedures and wears safety equipment or apparel as required.
- Cleans area around workstation daily.
- (May) Drive a forklift truck to transport material for storage or delivery to another department
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for General Laborer:
- Able to position and manipulate parts with the hands demonstrating manual dexterity
- Able to follow directions precisely and perform repetitive tasks
Experience and Education for General Laborer:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Between 6 months to 1 year of related work experience of a physical nature
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.