1st Shift, Clarence, NY, Full-Time, $23-30/hour (DOE)
Prepare detailed working diagrams for the manufacturing of internal or external products, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform product development work as assigned by engineering manager.
- Directly communicate with customers in the form of quotations, meetings and presentations to understand and define their needs.
- Understand and respond to customer requests, both verbal and written.
- Create prints to meet all customer requirements.
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and MRP software.
- Assists shop floor, manufacturing, quality, and planning as required.
- Handle all changes and problems related to product assigned.
- Work from rough sketches and specifications from customers
- Identify potential issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Manage several projects at one time if needed.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment; maintains compliance with all established company and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; benchmarks state-of-the-art practices; may participate in professional societies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of fabricated sheet metal manufacturing
- Experience with SolidWorks, Inventor or other 3-D Software
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a small team environment is a must.
Experience and Education:
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Design and Drafting or related degree; required
- Must have 2-4 years in a manufacturing setting with heavy design drafting experience.