Clarence, NY- Full Time
Responsible for understanding customer projects, determining most feasible methods of manufacturing, estimating costs and profitability. Typical projects can involve sheet metal fabrication, machining, welding, and powder coat finishing. Certain projects will be managed through the quote process, engineering, and initial integration into the shop production to assure that customer requirements are fulfilled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses cost effectiveness of products, projects, or services.
- Analyzes prints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates for customer quotes.
- Consults with vendors, customers, and other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confers with engineers, managers, and other Team members on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Reviews material and labor requirements, to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Maintains estimating/quoting records, reporting systems and procedures.
- Complies with all safety procedures
- Evaluate Quote to Actual job performance; update respective quotes as necessary
- Reverse engineer products where necessary; produce drawings for shop use or for vendors and subcontractors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of fabricated sheet metal manufacturing
- Project Management skills, experience, and familiarity with Project Management Tools
- Solid experience with Solid Works, Auto-Cad or other 3-D Software packages
- Ability to generate shop drawings for outside process RFQ’s
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a small team environment is a must.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Significant interaction with customers, vendors, and co-workers requires excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
Experience and Education:
- Associates degree in a technical discipline preferred
- Two years related experience in estimating with preference for sheet metal fabrication, machining, welding, and powder coat finishing