Cheektowaga, NY - 1st Shift - Full Time
Develop programs to control machining or processing of metal or plastic parts by automatic machine tools, equipment, or systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write programs in the language of a machine’s controller and store programs on media such as punch tapes, magnetic tapes, or disks.
- Determine the sequence of machine operations, and select the proper cutting tools needed to machine workpieces into the desired shapes.
- Analyze job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, printed circuit board pattern films, and design data to calculate dimensions, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates.
- Sort shop orders into groups to maximize materials utilization and minimize machine setup time
- Modify existing programs to enhance efficiency.
- Revise programs or tapes to eliminate errors, and retest programs to check that problems have been solved.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of fabricated sheet metal manufacturing
- Knowledge of different types of metals (Aluminum, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, etc.)
- Ability to read engineering blueprints
- Working knowledge of NCell products (iManage, Accufab, Working knowledge of Autocad and Striker Systems Nesting Software
- Ability to perform arithmetic, geometric and algebraic calculations
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum 2 year technical degree
- Minimum 4 years setup and operation experience on a variety of CNC machine tools and controls
- Minimum 2 years programming experience
- Requires the use of the following personal protective equipment when on the shop floor:
- Safety glasses, steel toed shoes/boots.
- Must be able to:
- Work safely in a fast paced environment
- Work overtime, including weekends as requested.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.