1st Shift, Clarence, NY, Full-Time, $17-21/hour (BOE)
Verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material, receiving, unpacking, verifying, and recording incoming merchandise or material. Transports and delivers finished products to customers by applying knowledge of driving regulations and roads in the area driving to and from designated locations; performs daily inspection of truck.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pack, seal, and label prepared materials for shipping, using PB crimp tools and stretch wrap banders.
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages.
- Operate company-owned trucks for the delivery, pickup and relocation of products and materials.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
- Follows all safety procedures, loads product into truck, unloads truck at customer site if required.
- Maintains adequate supply of shipping materials.
- Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Reads and writes English.
- Possesses mental ability to follow instruction, read maps, road signs.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of safe vehicle operation.
- Exhibits sound judgment in determining safest route for delivery.
- Able to follow directions precisely.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 – 2 years manufacturing experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess clean, valid driver’s license