Provides quality preventive maintenance, and repairs to production equipment in order to ensure the safe efficient operation of machinery and all mechanical equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic equipment maintenance; able to follow directions precisely and perform repetitive maintenance tasks.
- Technical understanding of maintenance concepts and practices.
- Deals well with uncertainty in a flexible and proactive manner.
Basic common safety practices, OSHA certifications a plus.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 – 2 years maintenance experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Equivalent combination of education and experience